Blind Squirrel Trading Strategies

Custom Search

Monday, June 22, 2009

Maybe I was wrong and too early ? Is oil breaking support going to drag my Nat Gas position ?

The last trade for the front month crude contract is today, and strange price fluctuations have often been cited as the contract nears closing. Today oil is down over $2. In the past this kind of change might have been explained by traders going long and being forced out of their trade so as to avoid taking delivery of the oil. If this was the case, we would expect to see the July futures as an outlier among the more forward contracts. Today this is not the case, oil is down across the board.


Is oil breaking back to the $60-ish range. It broke secondary support today. I have an advisor friend at a well known oil & gas shop thinking so.

Will my Nat Gas position suffer because of the correlation of the oil/gas ratio ?

When I entered the trade I said to enter a stop loss of 20% and hold the position into Q3.

No comments:

Post a Comment