Blind Squirrel Trading Strategies

Custom Search

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Going against one of Gartman's Rules and I am averaging down.

One of Gartman's Rules is to never average down.
BUT I am averaging down. To be successful you must believe in your analysis and have conviction. There is no 'hold', a position is either a buy or a sell. I also do not believe the saying "Portfolio returns are based on time in the market not market timing". I believe it is good analyis, market timing and a lot of luck. I rather be lucky than smart with regards to the market.

Buying another unit of SKF‎ - ProShares UltraShort Financials (previous purchase $40.47 and today's purchase $26.75 = $30.61 Average)

Buying 1 unit of DXD‎ - ProShares UltraShort Dow30 to average my short Dow 30 (note DXD is 2 time levered and DOG is just the inverse of the Dow's daily move)

No comments:

Post a Comment