Blind Squirrel Trading Strategies

Custom Search

Thursday, July 1, 2010

152 point drop erased on Dow and only down 41 at the close.... is there an Easter Bunny ? Use technicals !!!

Shorts did some unwinding during the day. VIX spiked higher and then sold off. Short Euro/ long gold pair trade that worked last quarter was unwinding today (gold fell below $1200).  Maybe market was too short going into the Jobs number for Friday. Playing the risk aversion I think is still the game. Maybe we had some cold feet from the shorts. Market might bounce tomorrow on either a better or worse Jobs number (the sell on rumor and buy on fact trade I mentioned earlier). I still think there are going to be some head winds as I mentioned yesterday with the upcoming earnings and Euro/Greece events. The death cross and other technicals will keep me less emotional and I will try to stay short market and long gold & nat gas.  Is China and US slowing ? Is there going to be a lot more hurricanes in the Gulf ? Is there an Easter Bunny ?  Who knows but the technicals are telling us something !

No comments:

Post a Comment