Blind Squirrel Trading Strategies

Custom Search

Thursday, July 1, 2010

I believe .... if markets are going down the financials will participate

I know Gartman's Trading Rules say never to average down but I am a rule breaker.

I am averaging down on SKF (UltraShort Financials ProShares) and DOG (Short Dow30 ProShares)


buying 800 SKF @ 23.72 

and buying 200 DOG @ 54.76




Also will average down my big error of 2009, UNG (United States Natural Gas) sometime in the next while. It is up 5% today but crude is down 5%. I will leave an open order to buy 1300 @ $7.75. Should have bought earlier this week. Woulda shoulda.. didn't.  I was not focused for the past month or so. Oops !

I think nat gas is a buy because:
1) coming summer power demand from conditioners
2) the onset of the hurricane seasons
3) the imminent passage of a gas subsidies in congress
4) crude supply shortages caused by the deep water drilling ban

This will cause hedge funds that had been running big, successful shorts in natural gas to run for cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment